27 Intriguing Marketing Automation Statistics
The world of marketing is very dynamic and continuously changes with new technology, trends, and tactics always improving. Staying on top of all these changes may be difficult, but it pays off in the end.
Here’s the thing:
Don’t let your or your clients’ business fall behind because catching up at the speed things are moving will be difficult. The best way to stay on track is to follow the latest marketing automation statistics. Currently, marketing automation is on the rise and quickly becoming the leading tool for marketers.
Below we will share crucial stats and facts that reveal why marketing automation will make you rethink your marketing strategy.
Incredible Marketing Automation Statistics 2019 (Editor’s Picks)
- 51% of companies worldwide are using marketing automation.
- The market share of marketing automation is projected to reach $64 billion by 2024.
- 60% of users pinged by Facebook chatbots messaged back.
- 42% of businesses measure performance through marketing automation.
- B2C companies saw a 50% increase in conversion rate with automation.
- A 14% increase in spending on marketing automation is expected during the next five years.
- Marketing automation for lead nurturing brings an increase of 451% of qualified leads.
- Automated emails generate 320% more revenue.
- 60% to 80% of customers who claim they were satisfied do not return to do business with the company again.
General Marketing Automation Statistics
1. 67% of the industry leaders are using a marketing automation platform.
Based on a survey of over 4,100 leaders in the market industry conducted by SalesForce, two-thirds are currently using a marketing automation platform. This is a massive increase, which allows marketers to be better positioned to take the lead in initiatives for improved customer experience.
2. 91% of successful marketers strongly believe that marketing automation is essential to their success.
A survey of 317 professionals in the marketing and business sector from around the globe revealed that marketing automation a key element of a successful marketing strategy.
3. The global marketing automation market share reached $15.6 billion in 2019.
In fact, this growth will continue dramatically, and by 2023 the number should be a whopping 25.1 billion. Currently, the leading solutions US professionals use are Hubspot, Adobe, and Oracle, which now account for over 50%.
4. Approximately 51% of companies worldwide use marketing automation.
This is just over half of the companies currently online. This trend has gone up over the years and will undoubtedly continue to do so in the future. Marketing automation stats show that 58% of B2B companies are either in the process of or looking to adopt the technology in the future.
5. B2C companies saw a 50% increase in conversion rate with automation.
Marketing automation is very beneficial for B2C companies as well. Those that use marketing automation saw a considerable increase in their conversion rate. This seems to be an ongoing trend, as sales conversion rate statistics continue to come in with automated trigger emails, chatbots, and more.
Marketing Automation Stats on Return of Investment
6. 45% of marketers rely on platforms for marketing automation ROI.
For a marketer proving their work is the most important part when working with a company. Marketing automation platforms allow them to tap into information on their performance and present companies with accurate ROI numbers.
7. Businesses can save $130,000 every year in costs through automation.
One of the main reasons there is such an interest in marketing automation is that it is a low-cost solution. Before it was necessary to hire the best of the best in the marketing industry to come close to the results business can reach today at a fraction of the cost. Today, thanks to advertising automation, fewer people can handle tasks, and money can go towards advertising costs.
8. Almost 90% of marketing agencies confirm that their automation strategy is a success.
With 42% of agencies revealing that their strategy was very successful, and 47% stating it was somewhat successful, the numbers speak for themselves. When done correctly, automation works. Only 2% of those surveyed said it was very unsuccessful.
9. 60% to 80% of customers who claim they were satisfied do not return to do business with the company again.
Companies with higher customer retention rates have higher profits. This means it’s necessary to go beyond just satisfying customers and to offer the quality service or product. Communication must be continued with them to strengthen your relationships continuously.
Marketing Automation Future
10. Chatbots are going to be essential for automation strategies in the future.
Chatbots have gained much popularity in the marketing world because they give a personal experience without the person. With research and understanding of your potential and current customers, you can predict questions and answer them automatically. Chatbots also have many other uses and soon will be a crucial part of automation.
11. The current estimated value of the marketing automation market size in 2019 is estimated at 3.3 billion.
This is a dramatic growth from the $11.4 billion in 2007. The increase may be gradual, but with so many companies seeking many possibilities to automate their marketing and new technologies advancing daily, we will continue to see growth.
12. The market share of marketing automation is projected to reach $64 billion by 2024.
The market is driven by several factors, including a need for more personalized marketing for maximum returns and the use of advanced tech to automate repetitive tasks. Though privacy concerns are still keeping the market from progressing faster, we may see the projected value of market automation industry go up.
13. A 14% increase in spending on marketing automation is expected during the next five years.
Marketers juggle an overwhelming amount of tasks and responsibilities. This takes away from their focus on creating the best marketing strategies. With marketing automation, they can automate repetitive tasks and focus better.
Mass emails, social media marketing, and website traffic don’t require a lot of strategic and critical thinking. What’s more, the margin of error gets higher the longer they work. According to Forrester marketing automation researchers, spending on it will increase as more tedious tasks become automized.
14. 80% of business owners currently use chatbots or plan on using them in the future.
Artificial intelligence is at the root of marketing automation. One such application that blew up recently is chatbots. Their use increases interactivity drastically, allowing business owners to communicate directly with current and potential customers without having to move a finger.
In fact, in 2020 approximately 85% of consumer engagement with businesses will be done without real human interaction. It’s easy to see why chatbots are one of the leading marketing automation trends to look out for.
Application and Strategies of Marketing Automation
15. 70% of marketers use Google Ads Smart Bidding strategies.
Google is giving its advertisers more control to fine-tune based on strategic goals. This added control for tailoring conversion and bidding has driven up the number of market specialists using this tool.
16. 40% of users that receive push notifications interact with them within one hour.
Using automation for push notifications through m-commerce, you will be able to reach the continuously growing audience on mobile devices. Through the collection of crucial behavior data, you can further cater to their needs and build stronger relationships that last.
17. Content marketing statistics reveal that 93% of B2B companies generate more leads with content marketing than other marketing strategies.
Quality content is the leader in bringing in the most leads because people want accurate, timely, and eye-catching information. There are many types of content to consider, and through marketing automation, you can collect the necessary data to create more appealing content.
18. Companies that focus on lead nurturing generate 50% more sales-ready leads at a 33% lower cost.
Inbound depends a lot on lead nurturing. With marketing automation, lead nurturing can be more effective and easier to achieve. It will allow you to find the ideal balance between staying in touch to reinforce relationships and being too pushy and annoying consumers. Inbound marketing stats show you can increase sales-ready leads drastically with the proper combination of lead nurturing and marketing automation.
19. 42% of businesses measure performance through marketing automation.
The Marketing Automation for Agencies report by SharpSping State revealed that more and more businesses take advantage of marketing automation to measure their performance to better understand what works and what doesn’t.
20. Sales automation statistics reveal that automation tools for data collection will improve work.
In fact, 75% of sales reps feel that productivity will be improved if less time is wasted on data entry. With only 62% logging their activities, 14% never logging any of their calls, and 69% having outdated data in the CRM, it’s easy to see how sales automation could significantly improve their work and collect valuable data for future marketing.
21. Post scheduling on social media is the leader for automation without the reduction of audience connection.
Social media post scheduling leads at 80% as the safest to automate without risking audience connection. Next in line is email marketing at just over 70%, followed by social media advertising right around 50%.
22. Marketing automation for lead nurturing brings an increase of 451% of qualified leads.
The use of marketing automation has drastically improved lead nurturing statistics. To add to that, the nurtured leads in that percent are making more significant purchases as well.
23. 60% of B2B marketers are focusing more on improving personas and audience segmentation.
This is a vital process of targeting consumers more effectively to get a clear understanding of their behavior. This division of consumers into groups based on their behavior and shared characteristics allows you to present them with a more personal experience as well as attract new customers.
Content Automation and Email Marketing
24. Email marketing statistics reveal that 55% of marketers work with ecommerce marketing automation.
The ease of use and time-saving automation marketing strategy helps professionals save time on time-consuming email marketing.
25. According to marketing automation statistics, automated emails generate 320% more revenue.
Email marketing is far from dead. It is thriving and well, and continuously transforms with the latest technologies and marketing strategies. Although there are a lot of new technologies for lead generation, personalized emails are still among the favorite form of marketing. In fact, they could bring in a 760% revenue increase when adequately targeted. Lead generation statistics reveal that 28% of customers enjoy receiving promotional emails.
26. 73% of B2B organizations use marketing automation.
The State of B2B Marketing Automation survey done in 2017 by Econsultancy in association with Act-On reveals that the leading use of marketing automation by organizations is for emails. Unfortunately, only 1% use it to improve their email campaigns. It’s imperative that organizations don’t overlook that email marketing automation isn’t just triggered email marketing. There is an array of ways to apply it.
27. Automated internet marketing statistics show that trigger emails were opened 70.5% more than any other type of email.
Emails triggered by an action such as registration, purchase, cart abandonment, or newsletter signup are called journeys. If someone does any of the above, this will trigger a series of emails based on their actions. This is where automation comes in, saving marketers much time because emails are sent according to customer behavior and actions on the website.
A Brief History on Marketing Automation
When did automation start?
How did it get to where it is today?
Here’s the scoop:
Marketing automation evolves with every new marketing trend, becoming an integral part of a winning marketing strategy. Incredibly, many marketers don’t even realize it! Anything concerning marketing that is automated is considered marketing automation.
The history of marketing automation started in 2010 when it stood out as a defining moment in the world of marketing. Its ongoing rise in popularity only further shows that it has had a significant effect on marketing since then.
Here are the main reasons why its popularity will continue to grow:
- Companies see a higher ROI and revenue due to marketing automation.
- As technology evolves, marketers can automate more tasks.
- There has been a significant jump in analytics and data collection.
As marketing shifted more and more online and there was a higher demand for professionals, marketing automation became the go-to solution for marketers.
Q: What is marketing automation?
A: Marketing automation involves the use of technology or software for automation of repetitive tasks associated with marketing strategies. This includes but is not limited to social media posting, email marketing, and ad campaigns.
With data collection and organization, marketers will automate a good portion of their marketing strategy, giving them more time to analyze and dive into more marketing and advertising experimentation.
Q: What are the market statistics?
A: The simple definition is the gathering, analysis, and interpretation of information about a particular market and the product or service available for purchase on said market. The research goes in-depth about the present, history, and future customers of this service or product. Statistics cover everything from the potential to the overall industry in general.
The reason market statistics are necessary is to allow marketers working for businesses to have enough information to set strategies to ultimately increase sales. Of course, this is done on many levels, and many steps are needed to reach the final result.
Q: What percentage of marketing is social media?
A: Currently, 91% of companies are using social media as part of their marketing strategy. This is an approximate 3.8% jump from 2013. Approximately 95% of companies use social media primarily to chat with their customers. Although this is a crucial part of marketing, social media offers a wide array of opportunities, from increasing website visits to an increase in sales and customer retention.
With the help of workflow automation tools, you can set several actions to take place following another action. The action doesn’t have to be directed towards the consumer; instead, it can be a collection of records of consumer behavior.
Q: What are the benefits of marketing automation?
A: The benefits of marketing automation are endless, as the marketing professional can take automation as far as they like. If there isn’t already a tool for automation, surely it will become available soon.
Here are the top automation benefits:
- Improves accountability for sales and marketing teams.
- Saves a lot of time, in turn saving a lot of money.
- Provides in-depth reporting and forecasts of future campaigns.
- Helps generate better leads.
- Personalizes the customer’s journey.
- Gives sales and marketing a common ground.
These are just to name a few. As technology advances, the possibilities and benefits of marketing automation will continue to grow.
Q: How many marketers are there in the world?
A: This is a rather common question, but it’s nearly impossible one to answer. One thing is clear:
There is a huge demand for top marketers. The moment a business gets comfortable with one marketing strategy, the tables turn, and the game changes. That’s why it’s vital to keep up to speed with the latest marketing automation statistics.
- Marketo and Ascend2
- Email Monday
- Monster Insights
- Globe News Wire
- Sharp Spring
- Juniper Research
- PR Newswire
- CMS Wire
- Search Engine Land
- Business of Apps
- Automation Hero
- Social Media Today
- Blok Boek
- Constant Contact
Leave a Comment